Durham woman charged with kidnapping grandson in Hollis, arrested in Windsor, Connecticut


August 2, 2012

Source: naushuatelegraph

On Wednesday 8/1/12 at approximately 3:30PM the Hollis Police Department received a call regarding a possible parental kidnapping that had occurred.

Information received indicated that a 4 year old male child had been removed from the State by his mother contrary to a court order issued in the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua Family Division.

Hollis Police Patrol and Detective Division coordinated an immediate investigation in an attempt to locate the child. Over the following 8 hours, the child was tracked to a hotel in Windsor Locks Connecticut, where he was allegedly being concealed by a family member. Police officers began a dialogue with that family member in an effort to have the child returned to the State of New Hampshire and to the custody of his father, as ordered by the court. While this was ongoing, the Hollis Police Department applied for and was granted a felony arrest warrant for the family member that was concealing the child. Efforts to have the family member turn the child over to law enforcement voluntarily were unsuccessful and with the assistance of the Windsor Locks Connecticut Police, the missing child was located at a hotel in their town at approximately 11:00PM.

Arrested on a Fugitive From Justice charge in Windsor Locks, CT was Sandra Thorne, age 67, of 10 Watson Road in Durham, NH. The child is identified as Thorne’s grandson and was unarmed and in good condition when found. The child was returned to the custody of his father, John Testa. Thorne was held by the Windsor Locks Police Department in Connecticut overnight where she was due in their court this morning. Thorne faces extradition to New Hampshire to face charges of Interference with Custody, a Class B Felony.

The investigation in this case is ongoing and additional charges are possible.

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

One key to ABP World Group`s successful recovery and re-unification of your loved one is to use all necessary means available

Contact us here: Mail

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

FBI: Amarillo man kidnapped daughter, left her in Algeria


Source: amarillo.com

The child custody case of an Amarillo woman and her Algerian ex-husband has led federal authorities on an international hunt to track down the couple’s child, according to federal court records.

Federal authorities arrested Badr Djelti, 35, on May 5 on one count of parental kidnapping. According to federal immigration officials, Djelti was born in Algeria and is legally residing in the U.S. as a permanent resident alien.

After nearly a year of marriage, Crystal Armstrong and the defendant separated in August 2010, two months after Armstrong gave birth to the couple’s daughter, the affidavit said. The family traveled to Algeria in December 2010, “in hopes that Armstrong and (Djelti) could mend their marriage, but it did not work out and they remained separated after they returned to the United States,” the document said.

A year later, Armstrong allowed Djelti to take their child to Algeria again to visit Djelti’s parents.

“Armstrong felt that even though they were separated, she wanted (the child) to continue to spend time with (Djelti) and his side of the family,” the affidavit said.

Armstrong, who worried Djelti would not bring the child back, made her ex-husband sign a document promising he would. But the day Djelti was supposed to get the agreement notarized, he picked up the child from a day care facility in Amarillo.

The mother called the police after she confronted Djelti at his apartment, where he was with the child. Amarillo authorities told Armstrong they could not help her because there was no effective court order regarding custody at the time, a federal affidavit said.

On Dec. 13, Djelti left the United States with the child and returned about a month later without her.

“(Djelti) told Armstrong that he left (the child) in the care of his parents in Algeria,” the affidvait said.

A Potter County judge in April ordered Djelti to return the child to the U.S. later that month, but Djelti received an extension to finish his exams at Amarillo College. The parties agreed to give Djelti until May 13 to travel to Algeria and bring the child back, federal records show.

He is expected to return on May 29, according to flight records he provided the court. But Armstrong told her attorney that one of Djelti’s coworkers said he did not intend to return to the U.S. once he left.

Djelti is currently in federal custody at the Randall County jail. If convicted, Djelti faces a maximum prison sentence of three years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Published by: ABP World Group International Child Recovery Services
Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

NOTE: We are always available. 24/7

U.S Phone Number: (646) 502-7443
UK Phone Number: 020 3239 0013 –
Or you can call our 24h Emergency phone number: +47 45504271

New York Woman Convicted for International Parental Child Abduction


Source: divorcelawyerconnecticut

An upstate New York woman who was convicted of international parental kidnapping of a child was sentenced to 18 months in prison.

The sentence is the result of an investigation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

Tricia Griffith, 37, formerly of Niagara Falls, N.Y., admitted taking her child from a residence in Niagara Falls to Jamaica in June 2010. The defendant left the area without the knowledge of the child’s father and in violation of a court order of custody issued previously by a Niagara County Supreme Court judge. Griffith was arrested several months later at New York’s JFK International Airport by HSI special agents when she returned to the United States without the child. The child remains outside of the United States at this time.

“Because the issues surrounding the unauthorized removal of a child by one parent to a destination abroad can be so complex and daunting, the United States Congress, the Hague Convention and numerous states have all passed legislation forbidding this conduct,” said U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr., Western District of New York. “These crimes involve unspeakable suffering and loss – not the least of which is the cruelty and damage inflicted upon the child. This office stands fully committed to prosecuting the perpetrators of this crime wherever they may be found.”

Assistance is available to parents of internationally abducted children through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the U.S. Department of State Office of Children’s Issues.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Fauzia K. Mattingly and Trini E. Ross.

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

One key to ABP World Group`s successful recovery and re-unification of your loved one is to use all necessary means available

Contact us here: Mail

Join the Facebook Group: International Parental Child Abduction

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

U.S Phone Number: (646) 502-7443

UK Phone Number: 020 3239 0013 –

Or you can call our 24h Emergency phone number: +47 45504271

Three-year journey ends after abducted boy and his mother caught and sent home


Source: Fathers 4 Equality blog

A BRITISH mother abducted her six-year-old son and spent three years country-hopping through Asia before settling in Melbourne, where she was finally taken to court and ordered to return home.

According to a Family Court judgment published this month, the mother and father of the boy were in the midst of a custody dispute when the mother said she was taking their son on a two-week trip to the Philippines to visit his sick grandmother. They never returned.

A court order seeking information about the trip went unanswered and, several months later, an English judge found that the child – referred to in court documents as ”B” – had been unlawfully removed.

Believing that his son was in the Philippines, which is not a signatory to the 1986 Convention on International Child Abduction, the father feared that there was little he could do to get the boy back.

The mother and son did not stay in the Philippines but embarked on a three-year journey which included a tour of Hong Kong, Macau and China, followed by a three-month stay in Malaysia.

They returned briefly to the Philippines but left again to spend a year in Dundee, Scotland, before eventually arriving in Melbourne.

The pair moved into a flat in Melbourne’s western suburbs, where they lived for eight months until last April.

Nearly three years after leaving England, the woman finally contacted her former partner, telling him that she and B were in Australia and asking him to sign documents so the child could remain there permanently.

The father refused and went to the International Child Abduction and Contact Unit, which immediately contacted the State Central Authority of Victoria.

The woman was tracked down, her passport seized and she was ordered to appear in the Family Court.

During the ensuing court case, the mother said her former partner had initially consented to B living with her overseas and had known about the year spent in Scotland. She said that she had tried unsuccessfully to contact him via email.

However, the woman conceded ”quietly [and] with a sense of resignation and disappointment” that the removal of the child was against the law and they would have to return home.

The mother and child were due to fly back to the UK on April 19, last year.

by Paul Bibby

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

One key to ABP World Group`s successful recovery and re-unification of your loved one is to use all necessary means available

Contact us here: Mail

Join the Facebook Group: International Parental Child Abduction

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

U.S Phone Number: (646) 502-7443

UK Phone Number: 020 3239 0013 –

Or you can call our 24h Emergency phone number: +47 45504271

Child Abduction to Thailand


Phuket Boy Ricardo Among Rising Number of Abductions

By Chutima Sidasathian,Phuketwan Friday, July 1, 2011

PHUKET: Figures show the number of British children abducted by a parent and taken abroad is increasing, with Thailand a favored destination. Pakistan and India rank first and third in numerical terms, sandwiching Thailand. The Foreign Office said that 161 children had been taken over the past 12 months to countries that are outside an international treaty designed to ensure the return of wrongfully removed minors.

On Phuket, parental abduction is known to be an issue. The most prominent case has been the twice-abducted Ricardo Choosaneh, a nine-year-old first taken by his Thai mother from his father in the Netherlands, then taken from Phuket by his foster mother earlier this year. His mother, Sumetra Choosaneh, told Phuketwan in an interview in Bangkok in March that she planned to go to Europe to regain her boy – but through the courts this time.

Khun Sumetra and her family say that the father has never been a good provider and continues to use possession of the boy as a means to extract money from others and to gain government housing in the Netherlands. Britain’s Foreign Office admitted that true figures on abductions are likely to be much higher because many cases go unreported. AFP reported that although Pakistan, Thailand and India topped the list of nations involved, there were cases in another 94 countries that are outside the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.

Foreign Office minister Jeremy Browne told the news agency: ”Finding a solution can be especially difficult if a child has been taken to a non-Hague country as there are no international systems in place to help you. This is why prevention is so important.” The Phuket case of young Ricardo has brought international attention, with a television show in the Netherlands encouraging support from viewers for the boy’s father, Michael Roland van Alphen. However, Khun Sumetra and her family maintain that Phuket-born Ricardo, abducted twice in the space of nine months, should never have been snatched on the second occasion by foster mother Kimberley Ching-Yong because the boy’s future is brighter on Phuket.

Only a court, having listened carefully to both sides, can settle the matter with the best interests of the child to the fore. As Sharon Cooke, advice line manager for Reunite International Child Abduction Centre, told AFP: ”The psychological impact on children can be traumatic and for the left-behind parent, the shock and loss are unbearable, particularly if they don’t know where their child is.”

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

One key to ABP World Group`s successful recovery and re-unification of your loved one is to use all necessary means available

Contact us here: Mail

Join the Facebook Group: International Parental Child Abduction

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

U.S Phone Number: (646) 502-7443

UK Phone Number: 020 3239 0013 –

Or you can call our 24h Emergency phone number: +47 45504271