B.C. doctor accused of abducting his kids contacts RCMP


June 5, 2016

Source: ctvnews.com

The Comox Valley RCMP says it has been contacted by Saren Azer – a prominent Comox Valley doctor and father who took his children to the Middle East and never came back.

saren_azer

Saren is accused of abducting his four kids – daughters Sharvahn, 11, Rojevan, 9, and sons Dersim, 7, and Meitan, 3 – nine months ago.

The RCMP says they talked to Saren at length about his actions and he assured them that the children are safe.

Officers say they are hopeful that communication with the father will continue so that a resolution can be found in what they are calling a “parental abduction investigation.”

The children’s mother Alison Azer tells CTV News that the communication is a good sign.

“I think he’s realized that he needs to find his way back to Canada with the children. He’s made a terrible mistake, an illegal one and he’s an international fugitive,” Alison said. “He’s not safe where he is and as a result the children aren’t safe.”

missing-kids-Azer-Alison

Last month a Facebook group went online called “Azer children” – showing new pictures of the kids with their father and relatives.

In comments on the page Saren only says the children are happy and safe.

But their mom Alison says the safest place for her kids is at home in Canada.

“It’s an international fugitive who’s saying that they’re safe. Child abduction is child abuse, so until the children are returned to Canada they’re not safe and neither is their father,” Alison stated.

The mom of four says Wednesday was an especially difficult day for her because it was her youngest son’s fourth birthday.

“I miss my kids so desperately and yesterday I just held out hope all day long that Saren might let them call me,” Alison said. “I thought that there was a chance that he may give me that, give them that. It was a really long day.”

As for the mom, Alison says she’s still trying to make sense of how this could have happened in the first place.

“It doesn’t make any sense that ten months on the furthest that Canadian authorities have gotten is they’ve answered the call from an international fugitive. The Canadian government can do more and they must do more. We won’t stop until they do,” she said.

Last month Alison met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in Ottawa. She says Trudeau assured her that the file pertaining to her kid’s case is on his desk and will stay there until the children come home.

“He’s called it a priority and I think Canadians are eager to see what that means for this relatively new government,” Alison noted.

She is heading back to Ottawa next week. Although she doesn’t have a meeting set up with the prime minister, she hopes she can get an update from his staff.

An online petition #MakeTheCall was started last month. It’s directed at Trudeau to contact his Iranian counterpart.

A Canada-wide arrest warrant has been issued for Saren Azer.

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

Testimonials from our clients

profile pic.jpgdroppedImage_7TM

download (2)

ABP World Group™ Risk Management

Contact us here: Mail 

Skype: abpworld

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

Greenfield woman charged with international parental kidnapping


May 2, 2016

Source: http://triblive.com

A Greenfield woman who disappeared with her daughter in March has been arrested in Ottawa, Canada, and is currently awaiting extradition on a charge of international parental kidnapping, according to federal court records.

abduction-vuga-marike-1

Marike Vuga, 46, took her daughter Lina, 9, into Canada on March 16, when Lina was scheduled to spend time with her father, Louis Vuga of Castle Shannon.

The Allegheny County police on March 21 asked for the public’s help in locating the abducted girl. Since the Vugas are Austrian nationals, police also asked Homeland Security to see if Marike Vuga had left the country, according to an affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Gregg Frankhouser.

Canadian border officials confirmed that Vuga crossed the border on March 16, using a borrowed birth certificate to conceal the identity of her daughter, Frankhouser said.

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

Testimonials from our clients

profile pic.jpgdroppedImage_7TM

download (2)

ABP World Group™ Risk Management

Contact us here: Mail 

Skype: abpworld

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

Canadian mom Alison Azer fears abducted kids in Iraq with their dad


March 17, 2016

Source: cbc.ca

What started as a summer vacation in Europe for her four kids and their father, has become a seven-month-long ordeal for Alison Azer when her children were not returned to their home in British Columbia.

Alison_Azer

The children —  Sharvahn, 11, Rojevahn, 9,  Dersim, 7, and Mietan, 3 — are now believed to be in northern Iraq with Azer’s ex-husband, Dr. Saren Azer, held in a dangerous war zone.

“I don’t think many Canadians would tolerate four little Canadian kids coming out of a war zone in body bags from the place that the Canadian government knew, for months, that they were being held captive.” – Alison Azer says the Canadian government is not doing enough and has only done as much as it has due to her going public

Prior to their abduction, Azer was already on alert with the children’s father and had been granted custody of their passports. She saw the high possibility for parental abduction years ago when Saren told her “very bluntly” that he would not accept the children being raised in the West, nor would he accept co-parenting.

Dr. Saren Azer.png

A B.C. court granted Azer’s ex-husband permission to travel internationally with the kids twice, given they contact her every 48 hours. The first trip, to Paris during spring break, went according to the restrictions imposed, which Azer believes was to establish credibility in preparation for the summer trip to Europe.

Azer has been working hard for her kids’ return — she’s been to Ottawa, Washington, and Iraq to meet with authorities. Then in January she was told to stand down and hold tight since there was enough diplomatic momentum. Azer has yet to hear of any further progress in getting her children out of Iraq.

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

Testimonials from our clients

profile pic.jpgdroppedImage_7TM

download (2)

ABP World Group™ Risk Management

Contact us here: Mail 

Skype: abpworld

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

Parental Child Abduction – 5 Year Old Boy Has Been Kidnapped And Missing


January 5, 2016

Source: MTL Blog

Elie Abenhaim, 5 years old has been abducted by mother without legal custody to unknown location in France.

Elie_Abenhaim

Father, Jacob Abenhaim has not seen or heard from his son in over 11 months to date.

It’s a common and sad truth. Once a divorce is settled between two people, custody of a child becomes a very sensitive subject. But what happens, when one of the parents decides to flee the country without the others consent?

If this was the case of a father kidnapping his child, he would not get very far. But, because the mother is the maternal parent and is trusted as being the safe keeper, there is a huge double standard and misinterpretation when the situation is reversed.

According to le Barreau du Quebec “we cannot stop someone from leaving Canada even if they have signed court statement saying they cannot”.

Simply because, “custom officers do not control the people leaving the country, [their principal mandate] is to control the merchandise coming into the country, and the people coming in, not who is leaving.”

The only thing the government can do is redflag the persons passport in case the child or parent ever comes back to Canada.

But what happens if they never come back?

This sad truth becomes the reality of many parents, and has been the nightmare Jacob has been forced to live with for over a year now.

On January 11 2015, Jacob landed at JFK Airport with his five year old son, Elie.

Jacob finally got his son back after being kidnapped for a year and three months.

After spending a couple days in New York, they were suppose to fly back home to Miami.

“Because of last minute changes, we decided to go visit my parents in Montreal before heading to Miami to spend the weekend with them.”

That trip did not go as planned.

It was a cold morning on January 17 2015, when Jacob was stripped from his five year old son, Elie due to false allegations against him.

His ex wife, Vanessa Maffey-Levy knew they were heading to New York City, yet when she found out he was heading to Montreal, she made arrangements of her own by contacting the Canadian government through the French authorities.

Vanessa Maffey-Levy

It was 3 a.m on Friday January 17 when authorities surrounded the grandparents house in the borough of Cote St Luc.

The RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), Sureté du Quebec and local police officers came rushing into his parents house in search for Elie.

They accused Jacob of kidnapping his child, and was practically held at gunpoint.

These false allegations were set up by Vanessa, who had contacted the Canadian Government from abroad.

Jacob had been set up. He was accused of “being a terrorist”, “a convicted murderer”, and a “danger to society”.

Because of these unjustified labels condemned by Vanessa, they had permission to take his five year old son and placed him in a DYP (Department of Youth Protection) centre until they proceeded with their court case on the following Monday.

Elie Abenhaim was detained for seven days, in a painful detachment from his father, who had done nothing of the accused allegations proclaimed by his ex-wife.

They were appointed to fight the case in front of the honourable judge Pepita Capriolo on Monday January 19.

Jacob went to court with his team of lawyers on Monday morning – Vanessa is no where to be seen.

The case gets pushed back to Tuesday – she does not show up.

It gets pushed back to Wednesday – this time the judge says if she is not in court by Thursday, they will have to proceed without her.

Vanessa then decided to catch a flight out of Paris, and showed up for court on the following Thursday morning.

During this whole time, Elie is still being detained at a DYP Centre based on false pretences.

Before they release the child to one of the parents, the judge wants to go through the case so she gives child gets put in the custody of Vanessa’ cousin.

The hearing went on for a week. Elie is then released to the guard of a cousin on Thursday January 19 2015.

Through a heart wrenching and stressful week of fighting the case, the judge arranged an agreement between both parties.

The settlement between Jacob and Vanessa clearly stated the child was to speak to the father every day, and get to see him until custody is settled.

The order was not met once.

Vanessa flew back to France with her son, Elie. Jacob has not seen or heard from Elie’s whereabouts since February 3 2015.

“I haven’t seen my child in over eleven months, and I won’t stop until justice is served.”

Jacob had something to fight for. It was bigger than him, bigger than Elie. He noticed that there was  a loophole in the juridical system.

There’s a prejudice when addressing the issue between a man and a woman and custody of their common child. He wanted to make sure that other fathers did not have to go through the pain he felt and still feels every day when fighting for the custody of Elie.

This launched the “Bring Elie Home” Project started in September 2015.

Child_Abduction_Canada

Bring Elie Home was founded for the kidnapping of Elie Abenhaim, who was abducted by his mother, Vanessa Maffey-Levy without the consent of his father, Jacob Abenhaim.

The foundation was built for fathers to get equal rights under the FBA (Father’s Bureau of Abduction) who get unjustly treated in front of the law and in turn not have a say in the welfare of their underage children.

Join the movement to bring awareness for Elie.

Facebook

Website

Youtube

 

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

Testimonials from our clients

profile pic.jpgdroppedImage_7TM

download (2)

ABP World Group™ Risk Management

Contact us here: Mail 

Skype: abpworld

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

 

Parental Kidnapping – Omar Allibhoy, celebrity chef, wins child abduction case in B.C. court


January 15 , 2015

Source: www.cbc.ca 

B.C. court rules chef’s estranged wife was wrong to move their child from London to Coquitlam.

Omar Allibhoy Chef

Spanish celebrity chef Omar Allibhoy has won a child custody battle in B.C. Supreme Court, which ruled his estranged wife violated international child abduction laws when she brought their toddler to live in B.C.

Allibhoy, 30, is the part-owner of two successful London restaurants called Tapas Revolution, and has been dubbed the “Antonio Banderas of cooking” by Gordon Ramsay.

tapas-revolution-Allibhoy

He met his former wife Marsha Tanya Tabalujan, a 34-year-old Canadian-Indonesian, while she was working in the hospitality industry in London in 2005.

They married in 2009, and while they were still together, Tabalujan moved back to her parents’ home in Coquitlam, B.C. to give birth to their son in 2013.

The next year the couple moved into their new apartment in London and began raising their son.

Relationship breaks down

But as the relationship began to break down, the couple agreed to return the boy to Canada to live with Tabalujan’s parents while they worked on their relationship and careers in London.

Shortly afterwards, the couple separated and Tabalujan returned to Canada and cancelled plans to have their son return to London. Both parties then launched legal actions in B.C. Supreme Court.

In her petition Tabalujan alleged Allibhoy “used cocaine recreationally,” and that would put the child at “grave risk.”

But Allibhoy responded in his petition that Tabalujan also used cocaine recreationally.

In his ruling Justice Peter Voith noted that while neither of them denied the claims of cocaine use, a drug test of Allibhoy’s hair concluded he had not used in the past three months, and the child would not be in harm’s way if returned to live in London.

In the end the judge ruled that under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, a parent cannot unilaterally change the habitual residence of a child.

He ordered that their son must be returned to London, where the issue of custody could be settled by British courts.

Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

Ironboyzz-FacebookTwitter-Ironboyzz

profile pic.jpgdroppedImage_7TM

ABP World Group™ Risk Management

Contact us here: Mail 

Skype: abpworld

NOTE: We are always available 24/7