Parental Abduction – The Philippines

Parental child abduction is not a crime under Philippine law.

Custody disputes are considered civil legal matters that must be resolved between the concerned parties or through the courts in the Philippines. Philippine authorities advise the American Embassy that generally the Philippine courts will give custody of children under the age of seven to the mother, provided there is no evidence that would indicate that the mother is unfit to raise the child. Although there is no treaty in force between the United States and the Philippines on enforcement of judgments, the Philippine courts will also take into consideration child custody decrees issued by foreign courts in deciding disputes regarding children residing in the Philippines.

General Information: The Philippines is not a party to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, nor are there any international or bilateral treaties in force between the Philippines and the United States dealing with international parental child abduction. Therefore, there is no treaty remedy by which the left behind parent would be able to pursue recovery of the child/ren should they be abducted to or wrongfully retained in the Philippines. Once in the Philippines, the child/ren would be completely subject to Philippine law for all matters including custody.

Child Abduction Recovery Services

Note: If your child is abducted to The Philippines, you will have very small chances to win the legal dispute there. The Philippines never returns abducted children. The only way is to re-kidnap the child or to make a deal with your ex spouse. It`s all about money in The Philippines.


Follow our updates on Twitter and Facebook

Testimonials from our clients

profile pic.jpgdroppedImage_7TM

download (2)

ABP World Group™ Risk Management

Contact us here: Mail 

Skype: abpworld

NOTE: We are always available 24/7

18 thoughts on “Parental Abduction – The Philippines

  1. Parental Abduction in the Philippinesis national sport. The philippines is still cannibal country
    Bthere is no big diffrence betwwen philippino and monkey!

  2. I have not seen my Baby boy for 3 months. Can I get some help recovering my Baby boy , abducted 3 months ago by his mother? We are married but she remains hidden. I’m the only friend my 1 yo Baby boy has in this world! We are all in the Philippines.

  3. Pingback: Legarda backs PH accession to Hague Convention on International Child Abduction | Parental Kidnapping and Abduction. We Can Help Recover your Child

  4. I am not married to my daughters mother. Many times she has threatened that I will never see my daughter. Soon my daughter will get her u.s.a. citizenship. I have been told when this happens and I have her u.s. passport. I am in control of my daughter legally. And I can bring her to the u.s. without the mothers permission. Is this true ? How do I verify this information.

      • Department of State, Office of Children’s Issues

        The Department of State plays no role in locating a child abducted to this country from a non-Hague Convention country.

    • Get passport. Exit visa. From immigration. And check withdrawal your government to see if they will charge you. And also check withe interpol. Best wishes. I am in the same situation.

      • Everything I have read. Says parental kidnapping in the philipines is not a crime. And philipines is not a Hauge convention country so I think I’m all set. Just need the exit visa. I will keep you posted if I hear anything new. Or contradictory to our efforts. Good luck as well

      • Phone consultation with ano attorney tomorrow. He practices in the but he is former president of the bar assoc. In the philipines. Should get a direct answer tomorrow?

      • Martin and Paul,
        I am in the same situation than you and i would like update on if exit clearance on a foreign passport is enough to leave the country ? did you pass if ever you did it ?
        I would very appreciate your answer. Thanks

  5. I agree. But not when the mother threatens to kill the child. And commit suicide. Or threatens daily to move away. And will never see daughter again. She did it to her ex husband already

  6. My 1 year old niece who is a us citizen was kidnapped by her non custodial non us citizen mother and taken to her mom’s home country of the Philippines. Can anyone help? Simply google #bringmireyahome for more information.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s